... on the same platform as our T14 transformer but with the ratio and impedance necessary as a drop in replacement for U87’s and U87 DIY projects. I own a vintage D12 original capsule from the 60’s without the mic body. Deck out your studio instead of blowing it all on one mic! Why is this? I personally don’t believe it’s an improvement. or the 48V.Thanks. This is a direct copy of the U87 circuit except for the pattern switching. Adventures in DIY for audio recording and bass guitars. I don’t sell anything related to this kit personally. As for a sub mini switch for pattern to mount internally, wouldn't it be easier to just put a header and use a jumper? Im really Newb at this, do you have a detailed procedure for doing this properly? Drum Overheads 5. Thanks for keeping a sharp eye out and taking the time to alert me! But you said you used quality components…..? 20R vs 430R, the 20R is "greater resistance?". I think i have the same problem as you with the transformer. http://www.groupdiy.com/microphones/neumann-vintage-u87-clone-build-thread/. The Neumann U87 is one of the most iconic and sought-after microphones of all time. hi my name jinnah i was thinking if u can make me one Hi chunger, as i am new to this, i like to know why do u use so many compnents(R,C and transformer), wats the function of thoes. 1 (Video), Designing an Authentic, DIY-friendly LA-4 Opto Cell, Designing a 500-series Optical Compressor pt. But others may be more comfortable with the higher voltage headroom of a 300v part in a spot that will see 46v max. Until the recent surge of the DIY movement, many of the most highly sought after microphones were out of reach for a typical consumer. Today, the U87 is some sort of "holy grail" of mics. The price certainly looks better! Neumann U87 was first released in 1967. microphone-parts DIY microfono in kit clone U87AI test audiodi confronto fianco a fianco con l'U87AI e video di assemblaggio completo Questo microfono nasce come clone dell'U87 U87AI o del TLM103, a seconda di che tipo di assemblaggio realizzi, cioè se monti un componente A oppure un B avrai come risultato il suono di uno o dell'altro microfono. Of the microphone projects I've done so far, the "lowly" and economical DIY U87 clone seems to get the most use on a variety of sources in studio. Thank you for all suggestion…. Mine is reading the same so I figured the 430 on the black made them primary so I had it wired directly opposite of what you said and I'm getting no sound. http://www.vintagemicrophonepcbkit.com/. I am from brazil and i saw yor awesome video! 1. what is the difference of yours and Mouse’s. I don’t really see room for 70 different components on these boards, so I’m inclined to believe your BOM over the mouser one. When you Bias the Fet and put the signal through R6, what signal do you apply? It looks very U87, unlike the other asian bodies I've used in the past. What I don't understand is that you say that the yellow has the higher resistance. hello,the head basket& mount frame& body are not available from who you listed,can anyone tell me where to get these items,will nemann sell them new or used or where can I buy them,any help would be appreciated,dan,. Original Rode NT2 body could be ideal, fairly identical looking too. I want to buy this mic..How it possible? 30th November 2013 #17. frans. Mr Ferreira, You could build one. hi, i have only a cad glx 3000…can i use it? I already have a Behringer B2 as a donor. I think it only has the 2 positions though. Globs of flux between certain pads in this area will add a lot of noise. … I"m extremely content with the remarks!. I don’t know much about that. Hi, thanks for the very useful guide. If anyone made a condenser microphone today, and you wanted to brag about its quality, you would be asked: " but is Read More » I really like it. Our complete kit provides parts needed to build a clone. Why is that? YO! Hi Niv, please see the link to the different manufacturers in the post. 3 (Video) Posted on 23 Jan 13:19, How a Passive Direct Input Box Works Posted on 15 Dec 00:00, Designing a Rack Mount Preamp with Colour Pt. Many vintage microphones now cost tens of thousands of dollars and new production boutique microphones while not as costly as original vintage units in good condition also demand a high premium. U87 DIY Microphone Kit - Neumann U87 Clone - Mic & Mod Styled after the legendary classic 1970's version of Neumann U87 is the U87 DIY Microphone Kit. Vintage U87 Circuit Clone Microphone Build. Details about Neumann U87 Multi-pattern clone. i will pay the cast if is some u can do pise call 6172305392 The list of applications below are sources for which the mic shines -- but due to its neutral voicing, it can be used on a wide variety of sources with great results. a U87. Hi, I was just wondering why the Mouser BOM shows a much higher total then 20$… I mean, are there any optional components or is it just a matter of quality? Keep up on the world of DIY without leaving your inbox. 4 (Video) Posted on 18 Jun 11:36, 3 Quick Tips to Improve Your Soldering Posted on 21 Feb 15:19, The Top 5 Best Looking Pieces of Outboard Gear Posted on 21 Feb 15:17, Designing a Rack Mount Colour Unit Pt. Nicely done Chunger! You’ll be happy to hear it’s not really a matter of quality in this case. This comment has been removed by the author. http://micandmod.com/en/diy-kits/45-u87-diy-kit.html Neumann U87i / Neumann U87 Ai: The S3-87 is a 3-pattern mic with a K67/K87 capsule, and a variable EQ feature that lets you target any of 3 voicings from this family of mics: flat and rich like the U67, mild presence like the U87i, or pervasive presence like the U87 Ai. I gotta build one . What some viewers may find surprising is that, The Top 5 Best Looking Pieces of Outboard Gear, Designing a Rack Mount Colour Unit Pt. It’s weird he’s referred to as “Dany.” His website is: Have you compared it to a u87? Love your work!!! Also, how do you tell which is the front and the back of the capsule with a meter? The S-87 is an all-purpose microphone. So Matth has modified the U87 circuit design to be replicated with the same capsule, transformer, and components. Matthew’s build happened to come to $342, but you could certainly spend more than $1,000 if you wanted. I don’t have a picture of it yet but I will be adding it to the site soon. Jul 20, 2020 - Styled after the legendary classic 1970's version of Neumann U87 is the U87 DIY Microphone Kit. But it may fill in the details you need: http://www.groupdiy.com/microphones/neumann-vintage-u87-clone-build-thread/, Hi Bill. You can do a capsule switch but the focus of this mod is on replacing components and designing an entirely ‘new’ microphone. Love the look of the donor body. I have the aurycle a460 already, can I use the capsule and the transformer that I already have and just get the PCB and components? Looks pretty nice project! Warm Audio WA-87 R2. The ability to match a high quality microphone to whatever is being recorded is of critical importance to the recording process. How does it sound? 90% of the sound at 10% of the price. Thanks for sharing.. Im trying to Bias a mic I built using an Oscilloscope and Signal Generator. The competition is high, and the good news is that there are many mics out there that offer fantastic, natural and warm sounds at a very affordable price. The manufacturer says that the new version gets even closer to the original. In rare cases even the manufacturers own datasheets will contain errors. Our complete kit provides parts needed to build a clone. Some manufacturers stick to nH convention even when the inductor is up in the mH (millihenry) range, in which case a 47mH inductor might be marked 473k. I see the link below THANK YOU!! Hi Matth, sorry to respond to such an old post, but I can’t help but notice that your list includes half the number of parts as the other BOM. or austincool297@yahoo.com. Percussion 4. With the help of some enterprising people in the DIY community, it is now possible with a little bit of research and determination to build quite a formidable arsenal of clone microphones that faithfully reproduce the original vintage electronic circuits. At the heart of the O.P.R U87 is a k67 clone capsule with its gold coated German Mylar diaphragm. This is a true 1:1 clone of a studio classic 'The Vintage Neumann U-87i'. I will post audio samples soon. May 3, 2020 - Styled after the legendary classic 1970's version of Neumann U87 is the U87 DIY Microphone Kit. Ok, I used to solder for a living repairing tv's and video recorders years ago, but even so...Chunger's article is top notch.I did it, you can too. Try it as a mono drum room. Interested? I am so impressed with this Mic I cant say enough about how much it blows my old mic away.Ian. These are marked in nH (nano-henries.) 2, Microphone body ("donor" bodies range between $100-200 used or new). There is a component list located a few comments up—I will reintroduce the link here: https://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=1da9f2a856. Pattern switching is accomplished in a different way but does not affect the sound. Other than those relatively minor changes, I can’t really account for the price difference. The surest way to know a component’s value is to measure them yourself. The popular clone of the famous Neumann U87 has been updated with new components and an improved output transformer. And if the units in question were µH, “473” would indeed indicate 47,000µH. This is a splendid website! You sussed the last digit (3) multiplier correctly. 6 viewed per hour. Thanks for doing this . !Have you noticied a so big difference before and after modding? COOL! Hi, there was no "original" mic to mod. Thanks for your inquiry, Jinnah, but I don’t do custom work at this time. Shouldn’t they be 47 MICROhenry? They will each come with shock mounts too.They both pass signal, but are in need of a fresh calibration and check over. And if you don’t want to drill a larger hole in your PCB, you can change the isolation pin for the one in Dany’s parts list linked in the description. The PCBs can be used to improve the sound of a stock Chinese capsule, or can be paired with a Peluso K87 capsule. Total Newb here. at the end, the calabration part of the build. With the help of some enterprising people in the DIY community, it is now possible with a little bit of research and determination to build quite a formidable arsenal of clone microphones that faithfully reproduce the original vintage electronic circuits. As you'll see, a soldering iron, some attention to detail, $350-500 USD, and a free afternoon are all that's required to complete this project. Deposited,tuned and assembled by hand here in Australia. Skip to main content. thank you Kindly, I sure hope you can help me with this project. hyperx quadcast india. Awesome video !! Totally depends on the components you choose. You could increase the price slightly by adding in the quick disconnect headers. The discrepancy surprised me. If you don't love the mic, send it back. Bla Martin Almind er helt pjattet med den.… If the black capsule wire is the backplate of the rear capsule then why is it connected to the front capsule's backplate PCB pad? Is there any place where we can hear a demo of the end result? This IS NOT a clone of the modern U87ai, which has a different amplifier circuit and puts out about 8 dB more gain. Does the circuit board come with the components plugged on the board? 2 Posted on 20 Dec 18:07, Designing a Rack Mount Colour Unit Pt. So it is a little quieter, but the circuit is a clone of the real U87 I work with in one of the studios where I work, and give me that circuit all day long. Would a M – audio Nova work as a donor body ? Can you help direct me to the appropriate sub-mini style switch for this?Thanks!Logan. I think they are 47 MILLIhenry. Btw: i own a vintage AKG D12 mic with a broken capsule: does somedy know how it s possible to replace this very-very-hard to find capsule?Does anothe type fit to this microphone typ with similar sound specifications? very interested in opinions! Good electronic Thank you and keep sharing. It's such an interesting post. Each DA 87i DIY kit includes pre-matched 2.2k resistors to within .4% along with a precisely measured Fairchild 2N3819 JFET that's been hand-selected for optimal performance. i will like to ask you to make one of the custom made u87 for me if possible. Where did you buy the capsule? hello Hi Gabriele, It seems no two people will make a parts list exactly the same way. someone have already assembled this kit? Thanks,Shenzhen OROD TechnologyMCU crack, Hyperx quadcast or samson g track pro? 2 (Video) Posted on 7 Dec 17:54, Mystery Project Pt 1: The Basics of Vintage Neve Circuitry Posted on 29 Aug 09:17, Designing a Rack Mount Preamp with Colour Pt. you took your time explaining, and even with the small details. Warm Audio’s WA-87 is one of the most popular inexpensive alternatives to a real U87. Or I have to buy the components? Thanks, great work sir, i think make this mic , i realy want it. What some viewers may find surprising is that at no point during the video does Matthew perform any black magic or mortgage his home. Page 33 du sujet DIY U87 clone dans Les Mains dans le Cambouis Page 33/36 ... Pour ce qui est du clone de U87, ce micro à fait ses preuves ! That brings up an important point everyone should be aware of: the specs at Mouser and other retailers are sometimes incorrect. Neumann Vintage U87 Clone : Build Thread. Isn’t the total actualy around 500USD instead?……. I built a new Mouser cart for you based on the parts I used, with substitutions for what’s available as of this moment. Here’s an 87 page build thread, which I have not read. This is a step-by-step approach to making a clone of a vintage Neumann u87 … This is a new ground-up build on a vintage circuit pcb. It sounds pretty close to the vintage the U87. You Mention a guy by the name of Danny, I don’t think I caught his site.I wrote down a few sites you metion, but I wasn’t sure which was his. This set of printed circuit boards allows anyone to build a faithful vintage Neumann U87 clone inside the body of any number of cheap, Chinese-made microphones. Good eyes on you Ruud. Some important prerequisite mic knowledge is not even touched on in this video. tskguy's handmade K87 capsule is tuned a bit smoother. Foley Og de er psyko fede. It may have some useful information:
Quand Noel S'en Vient, Spirituel Mots Fléchés, Art De Cremone En 8 Lettres, Température Feu Gazinière, Aldi Vodka Prix, Pharmacie De Garde Bergerac, Rêver De Lait En Islam, L'homme Des Hautes Plaines Streaming Vostfr, Sujet Brevet Histoire 2016 Pdf Corrigé,